Friday, February 4, 2011

Guest Post: Brooke from Blueprint Bliss...


I am honored today to have you read an amazing and beautiful post from Brooke over at Blueprint Bliss, hope you enjoy and thank you so much Brooke!
 
It's Brooke from Blueprint Bliss. I don't know how many of you are familiar with my blog... but if you aren't I'll give you a quick update. My family and I currently live in Birmingham, Alabama but will be moving home to Mississippi in June. While I've been posting a lot on inspiration for rooms for our new house... I haven't spent any time on the upstairs bedrooms. The two that I have been working on today are the nursery and the room with twin beds. Collins nursery will move from our current house to our new house and stay the same. I love it and hope to enjoy it while he's still a baby (you can see more here):


With that room complete... that brings me to his big boy room (aka: the room with the twin beds). I plan to have it somewhat finished when we move into the new house... though I don't plan on him being out of the nursery anytime soon!
I found these two Jenny Lind twin beds:


That I plan to paint Benjamin Moore's Van Courtland Blue:

Benjamin Moore Van Courtland Blue HC-145 - One Gallon

Rachel over at  Nest Egg did a great post last week on rooms for boys. Here are some of my favorite images from that post that are inspiring this design:

Peter dunnham boysroom

 Ashley Putman via decorpad

Bilhuber kids room

Via Apt Therapy

And these last two from Serena & Lily:



I have bookmarked lots of fabric options. I have no clue which direction I will go...  but here are some that I like:

PADNA MINERAL

TALA BLUEMARINE

RANCH STRIPE BROWN/NATURAL


While the fabrics that I like aren't 'childish'... some Sugarboo art prints would liven up the room:



That's all I have for now. I'll keep you posted on what I decide to do!

Melissa- thanks so much for having me as a guest blogger. I hope you are having a wonderful time on vacation! xx- Brooke
© 2013 Veranda Interiors