Friday, July 15, 2011

Focal point at the cabin...

While we are at the cabin (which some have asked, it is in Missouri on Tablerock Lake) I can get restless with the decor. Since we are only here 2 months a year and plan on tearing this one down in a few years to rebuild I need to keep my ideas creative & on the cheap. The wall below is the first thing you see when you walk-in the front door. Originally I had wanted a nice console table but the thought of having to store an additional item while we rebuild wasn't appealing. Once I saw the growth chart below on Etsy I knew I had my starting point for a great wall design.


I ended up ordering one of these growth carts for the cabin and also for our main home. It will be fun to watch the lines go up as the boys grow. If you are interested in one for your home you can find them HERE, just send a note or subscribe to her feed to know when they are available.


 Since we always refer to this time of the year as 'lake life' I decided to pick up the zinc letters from Anthropologie so we could spell it out on the walls.


A trip to Target to pick up some simple frames and I had the finishing touch.


This wall makes me smile every time I see it and that is key when decorating. Do what makes you happy...now, how long till I am ready to change it? Have a safe & fun weekend!! Mel xo
© 2013 Veranda Interiors