Monday, March 5, 2012

Hood-less kitchen

Many times when I am design a kitchen the hood detail tends to take center stage and is the focal point of the space. With Altadore II underway the detailed design has begun and I have decided to make the kitchen still awesomeballs but more streamlined in one way...with no HEY LOOK AT ME hood detail. Here are some fab examples of what I refer to as the hood-less kitchen...

via Chris Barrett

via Joris Van Apers

 via Lindsay Reid | Vincent van Duysen

While there will not be a big dramatic hood I know the stove area will still be stunning. The kitchen will have elements of marble, Caesarstone, dark grey & off white cabinets (maybe black, haven't decided yet), along with injections of wood...it is going to be a showstopper. Here are a few elements that I have confirmed for the space. You'll notice similar tones to Altadore I but it will be less industrial & more traditional...


 I have 2 weeks to nail down all of the selections and materials so stay tuned for more peeks into this one! Oh, and Hillhurst final images coming to you Wednesday, be sure to pop back over and see our latest project! Mel xo

want more?? Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, & Instagram under verandainteriors
© 2013 Veranda Interiors