Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Final Images // Altadore {3} Kitchen

 My favorite room in the home...always, the kitchen. Maybe it is my love of cooking & entertaining or just knowing that no matter what, the kitchen is always the heart of the home.

{kitchen}

For the kitchen in this home we took advantage of the corner lot and utilized windows on each side of the Viking range, besides letting in more natural light it give the kitchen a beautiful architectural detail versus just having more upper cabinets. The custom made cabinetry, thanks to our amazing finishers, is lacquered along the perimeter and the island is constructed of horizontal grain matched quarter sawn oak...it is simply stunning!


We used Caserstone tops throughout the kitchen, she wanted marble but he wasn't a fan of the 'busy look'...still incredibly happy with the final selection.


Since this home has no walk-in pantry I designed a built-in pantry to surround the Viking refrigerator. Each side has 3 large pull out drawers and then tons of shelving space above.


This home was an open concept design, so the kitchen is connected to the great room, perfect for those that like to entertain. The island is constructed of the same material as the great room fireplace and built-in, this helps to connect the two rooms. Since the only hanging lights are those above the island we went with over-sized pendants from Visual Comfort, they are subtle but still have a great impact in the space.


This last pic is a joke, when I was styling up the kitchen with what I could find from the cabinets, they had only started to bring things over, I managed to find a few Le Cruset orange pieces and then 2 S&M mugs...I texted the clients with a pic and asked if there was something she wanted to tell me. Turns out being from NYC they know a lot of amazing artist including a potter, and she made these for the clients mom as a joke, her initials are S & M...thought I would capture this as a funny pic for her to share with the artist that made the mugs and of course, her mom. 


Hope you enjoyed the tour of Altadore {3}! This project, all of the Altadore homes, were a lot of fun to work on. I managed to have numerous 'discussions' with trades and suppliers over the brass I used in Altadore {1}, worked with the clients color request while keeping the integrity of the overall design at Altadore {2}, and discovered my long lost 'City Sister' with this final home. Now my focus is on all of the projects listed in my last post...so this girl is off for selections and sharpening my pencil to ensure all of our upcoming projects stand on their own. Mel xo


 want more?? Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, & Instagram under verandainterior
© 2013 Veranda Interiors