Tuesday, May 8, 2012

I'm a foodie nerd...

I post easy recipes often, reviews when I get to go to far away amazing restaurants, but one thing you may not know about me is that I am a huge foodie nerd. A few friends and I have started a yearly dinner group. Yearly you ask? Well, this latest one we started planing in September. It includes sourcing, spread sheets, meetings, one guest even fly's in from Ottawa...we take this seriously! This years party is June 9th and we are hosting it at our home, I am so excited!!

 Gremolata potato, bacon stuffed mushroom (smoked in apple-wood and coffee beans), tenderloin with port compote

Last year the crazy talented Derek (who flies in from Ottawa), Natalie, & Serge were the ones that prepared all of the food & hosted...the only thing I did was consume and take the pictures (I think I am really great at photography when I drink, haha).

  Vine-ripe tomato sorbet with tomato tartare and basil oil

This years dinner has been in the works for some time and the menu is coming together, but this year there is a twist...all of the people attending will be participating in the kitchen!

 King crab salad with cucumber jelly, grainy mustard vinaigrette and micro greens

So far we are at 12 course for the evening, everything from a scallop trio that 3 of us are involved in, deep fried egg yoke with aioli, slider trio including camel, bison, and a rabbit/venison combination, & a blackberry & borage desert.

Yellow grouper with sweet parsnips, spinach and saffron vanilla sauce

Of course I will be sharing this evening with you after the fact...31 sleeps and counting. I'm hungry just thinking about it all!!!

Chevre and walnut tartlets served along-side the cheese platter

So many exciting things in the next two months and this is just one of them, I'll be sure to share them all with you. From design, to food, to travel...good times in 2012!!! Mel xo

© 2013 Veranda Interiors