Friday, April 20, 2012

Bits around this house...

Here are some tidbits from our home showing a few changes made over the past couple of months...it seems I am always finding another project. Will I ever stop?

{great room}

I decided to add window grills to the windows at the back of the home. I don't want to cover up our amazing view with drapes or blinds but they seemed a bit bare, this was the perfect option in my opinion. I will admit when they first went on I had a slight panic attack, but after I got used to them a few days later I couldn't image the space without them!

 
{mud room}

If you have been following the blog for a while you know that I was struggling with a wallpaper selection for this space. After going through many samples I stumbled across this fun paper from Antrhopologie. It is quirky, fun, but I will admit...I am temped to take my colored pencils to it in spots, I think it would be fun to have little pops of color here and there! 


{pantry}

My name is Melissa & I am addicted to jars. Seriously, it is getting ridiculous, I want everything in perfect glass jars...it is slowly getting there and I will admit I love the look of it and so do clients. Pretty much every client that has seen my pantry since we moved in has requested one similar in their own home. The hubs though I was being a bit over the top with it, I now have my justification.


{dining room}

It is finally painted and it is perfection! I will admit a bit more blue than I was expecting once the whole room was done but it is the perfect balance with the tone of the wood work, fabric on the chairs, and the antique brass light and cabinet hardware. Please excuse the boxes everywhere, those are my drapes and rods from Restoration awaiting the hubs and his drill.


{hallway}

I wanted something special in our main level hall for a while, it is probably the most walked space in our home since it connects the main floor rooms to each other. When I was at Chapters a few weeks back I spied some great silver frames with linen matts, instant love. I ordered up 11 of them and they are perfection down the hall on both sides.


There is still work going on, the Hubs plantation shutter for his office is being installed next week, I have drapes to be hung in the dining room & M's room...oh, and yes, M's room, that damn mural I started that I keep putting off, need.to.get.that.done along with a few other things for his room...then what about the Eskayel paper for the powder room, oh, and the lower level rec room...OK, so I still have lots to do, but I am making progress and since my home is the last priority right now (clients first) I think I am doing pretty good, it is all about baby steps and lots of coffee. Enjoy your weekend!! Mel xo

want more?? Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, & Instagram under verandainteriors
© 2013 Veranda Interiors