Friday, August 26, 2011

Favorite tidbits...

Here are a few favorite tidbits of the new house. I know a lot of you would love for me to plaster the blog with images showing every nook & cranny...but until I feel that it is ready you are going to have to enjoy little glimpse here and there. I guess you could blame it on my fear of having unfinished images roaming around the internet, silly, I know. So here are a few of my favorite spots in the home...

{window seat}

Honestly this is one of the most used places in our main level. Since it is 8' wide x 4' deep there is room for all of us, great for reading, perfect for a nap, and additional seating when we entertain.


On the seat you can see some pillows, that is just some of the fabric I picked up today for my seamstress to doctor up, here are some close ups along with what my plans are for them...


{my closet}

I finally received (after the hubs misplacing it) my monogrammed pillow from Luxury Monograms & I just adore it! The fabric and embroidery color work perfect with the pink wall color. Still need to organize this space and decorate it...but hey, that pretty much describes the entire home!


{kitchen bits}

A favorite part of the kitchen is the window area. The Visual Comfort Boston Functional lights in antique nickel that are over the window are amazing. The finish compliments the veining in the marble so well and the black interior of the windows tie it all together.


And then the corner drawers, such a wicked use of space. While it was a challenge to put all 3,892 pieces together so they could be a reality it was so worth it. I know this is going to be a feature that all of our future clients will be requesting.


 So there will be your fix for the week, I hope. The Hubs and I are planing on tackling the lower level of the house this weekend, lots to do but that is the fun space where the gym, wine cellar, and rec room are located. Fingers crossed we are productive!! Enjoy your weekend as well. Mel xo


**Don't forget to enter my Visual Comfort giveaway!!!**

© 2013 Veranda Interiors