Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Let the light in...

I have started the design process with our architect for Altadore III (yep, 3 amazing homes inner-city!). Since this home is on a corner lot I want to take advantage of the side yard with windows galore. The kitchen is quite large for a home that is just over 2400 Sq. Ft. so I thought it would be the perfect time to incorporate a kitchen design with windows on each side of the range & hood-fan. Here are some brilliant examples below.

Love the build-out that is wrapped in white subways and must remember to incorporate fun lights in this space.

via Carter & Company

Really enjoying this kitchen...but where does that hood fan go? Oh, it just stops. Wish they would have carried it up to the ceiling and incorporated it into the design.

via Atalanta Home Magazine

Note to the Hubs: I want a skylight like that at some point in my life...in some home, somewhere, somehow.  

 via Pinterest

This kitchen is so warm and inviting. from the timbers to the dark wood and beautiful herringbone backsplash, love!

via Decorati

This is the kitchen in my Hawaiian dream home, so glad they got this one right...now, do I get an ocean view from those windows??

 via Sutton Suzuki

The thing I like most about this layout are the additional cabinets on each side of the hood. I find that is where I keep all of my oils, spices, and other items I use frequently. This is a possibility.

via google

We should have the plans back by Friday and I am so excited. With Altadore I & II underway I am having a lot of fun creating 3 fun and unique spaces...more on all of them to come! Mel xo
© 2013 Veranda Interiors