Thursday, February 25, 2010

Clean & crisp...

One thing that I am leaning towards for our next master bathroom is white. Clean and crisp, spa like, the exact opposite of what we have now. My only question is, will I chicken out like I did when we were building this home? Blame is on the hormones of being 6 months pregnant when our current home was under construction. I wanted white carrara marble but I ended up with marone imperial. Yeah, white to dark brown out of frustration with the lacquer color I selected. I do know this next go around I am selecting all of my counters first and from there I will build off of the cabinet and wall color.

Here is our current bathroom. I do LOVE it, but I am ready for something new and fun. The next layout is similar to this with some added width between the bath and the wall where the shower & toilet room are located.


Photo_Video_f468fe27-7e1d-41b9-b98b.jpg picture by mamanzardo Photo_Video_88b04895-055f-4c59-85c5.jpg picture by mamanzardo

Here are a few images I have found for inspiration so far...

This one has a similar layout to how our bathroom will be. I do know we are going to a free standing tub rather than the drop-in style. With that in mind I am thinking of taking the windows in the bow down to the floor. If we do end up on a lot with privacy in the back then the leaded glass inserts seen here will have to be looked into a bit more. Having that much natural light would be amazing!
 daisypinkcupcake.jpg picture by mamanzardo

Here is another example, yet a bit warmer than the image above. I love how they used the horozontal lines in the flooring for a big impact, yet small cost. A great example of thinking outside of the box a bit to get a 'WOW' feature.
image1-1.jpg picture by mamanzardoimage2.jpg picture by mamanzardo

Speaking of a big impact on the floor, how amazing would this herringbone look as an inset for the bathroom floor. I wouldn't do the entire space like this, but add a 12" boarder in a similar tile and this in the center would be fab!
6a01156e5d7bde970c0120a87531aa970b-.jpg picture by mamanzardo


Finally, yes, I am contemplating this. Caring the hardwood into the bathroom from the master bedroom. It adds SO much to the space. The bathtub for us is hardy used (as it is for most clients), so I wouldn't have to worry about the water issue in that space, just around the shower. We could get creative with that space to ensure limited amounts of water would hit the floor. Just something I am toying with for now, we will see!
master-bathroom-l.jpg picture by mamanzardo


Have a great Thursday everyone! Melissa :)





© 2013 Veranda Interiors