Monday, February 22, 2010

The command center...

I love and spend a lot of my time at my small desk in our kitchen nook area. It is the perfect location, smack dab in the middle of our home. I prefer this area to a secluded office since I can still interact with the children, continue creating food in the kitchen, or catch up on the news from the TV. Here are a few great examples I have found over time of this great space. Happy Monday!!

This is our space where I do all of my research and blogging. The space was teeny tiny so I had to get creative with it. For our next home I will be doing the desk at a standard desk height not counter height as we did here (blame it on the hormones from being pregnant while building). If I have the room and can incorporate a comfy wing back chair I would be a very happy girl, we will see.
Photo_Video_760a0706-e5a1-465e-b81a.jpg picture by mamanzardo

This space has a lot of natural light and a very cozy feeling. Not sure how often the baskets would actually be used, knowing me I would climb up on a chair just to stuff crap in them...causing a headache when it is time to purge the junk.


11855_210433491074_46493706074_4553.jpg picture by mamanzardo
(Image from Coastal Living via web)

I think this one by far is my favorite (check out Lindy Wever's website, some beautiful work!). The only thing I would have done is incorporated glass doors on both sides of the center shelving. I love my cookbook collection and want to show it off.
lindyweaver2.jpg picture by mamanzardo
(Image from Lindy Weaver)

Here is an example of making this area an extension of the kitchen without breaking up the flow of the cabinetry.
ss_BHG155977.jpg picture by mamanzardo
(Image from Kitchen and Bath Ideas)

This image I used as inspiration for a command center we built in a home that was completed last year. Once we get our other computer back I will post a photo of that unit. It turned out great and the clients were extremely happy with it.
Screenshot2010-02-22at11828PM.png picture by mamanzardo
(Image from Better Homes & Garden)

Here is the built-in we did in a clients home this past year that I mentioned above...
 DSC_0050.jpg picture by mamanzardo
© 2013 Veranda Interiors