Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Towel Tuesday, tea towels that is...

Tea towels, one of my obsessions. I love how a fun, bright tea towel can add a lot to the kitchen. Our current kitchen is very neutral, so I use my tea towels to jazz up the area. My one requirement with them is that I can buy 2. I always have one by the cook-top and one next to the sink and of course they need to match!! Here are a few fun ones I found...

I do have a set of these from Anthropologie (retail $22 each CND), I loved them oh so much when I bought them until they were washed and half of the balls came off. After some time with a needle and thread they are back to normal, and even thought I did draw blood (sewing is not my strong point) I still love the whimsy flare they give the space.
 770110_crl_b.jpg picture by mamanzardo

There are some fun vintage finds as well, here is a great example...
 1teatowelmainimage.jpg picture by mamanzardo

By far, my favorite tea towels are by April Cornell. Once they get broken in and softened up they will become your kitchens new BFF. I have had some sets for years, the colors are still vivid and they are like wine, better with age. They may not be easy to find, but it just makes the find that much more enjoyable.
Here is one set that comes with a plaid and floral combination (retail $14 per set US).
 TTMEXSOPink.gif picture by mamanzardo


And another that is purchased as a single towel, so you will need 2 of course ;) (retail $7 each US).




TTAMANLtblue.gif picture by mamanzardo 
Happy towel Tuesday everyone. ;) Mel

© 2013 Veranda Interiors