Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Project Updates...

Lots going on around here let me tell you, here is a re-cap to keep you up to date on the projects we have under way right now...

Wexford I
Be sure to check back next week for the images of the finished home. We turned it over to the clients on Friday, I hope they are getting settled and enjoying the amazing kitchen.



Wexford II
Last week the framers were just starting to get the main level walls up on this home, the weather was coooold so the work was going slow, but yes, framers do work when it is -20 outside. 


And when they get a burst of great weather this is what happens, they finish the framing. Rob was expecting the roof to be craned on this week, but instead we are already starting the electrical and plumbing rough-ins. This one is rocking along.


Montgomery
The finishers have moved into the home and they are getting all set up to start the cabinet construction. I am meeting with the clients tonight to finalize paint colors now that we have all of our floor and tile samples. I am so excited to see this home come together! 


And if you ever drive by a home in a cold climate and wonder why it looks like the image below, well, that is how we hoard in the heat to complete the exterior during our 6 months of winter. It reminds me of a badly wrapped present, once the tarps come off you have a beautifully finished exterior.


Our Home
Is it done is it done is it done? I feel like a little kid with this project. We were set a good 2 weeks behind schedule due to the fridged cold we had, no concrete being poured with a temp of -10 or below. But not that is done and the back-fill is underway...next step FRAMING!! Here is a timeline of what I have misses blogging about.

The foundation pour once Mother Nature decided to cooperate...


Foundation stripped and ready for servicing...



The Husb and our excavator (he has been working with us for over 12 years now!) going over the garage back-fill...


And more dirt being delivered. By the end of the day we will be able to drive right up to the house, I will be able to stand on what will become our veranda, and the Hubs can park in what will be our garage...

But this image is still one of my favorite things, this is our backyard. Just beyond the trees we have the beautiful pond that my kitchen window will face, isn't it peaceful?


Lynx Ridge
Framing is underway on this home, I desperately need to get by to take a look and some images, next week there will be more to post on this project as well. Stay tuned!!

I do hope the week is finding you well, enjoy the day, I am off for some more coffee. Mel xo
© 2013 Veranda Interiors