Monday, January 16, 2012

What I ate & Instagram love

I have a new obsession, Instagram. I feel like I can share tidbits of my life & day without having to do a blog post or make a massive Facebook or Twitter announcement. Something I have started doing is posting pics of the dinners that I make. One of my New Years resolutions was to take better care of myself, and one aspect of that is eating clean healthy food. So here is what was created last week in our kitchen...


Last night I made this wonderful dish from Cooking Light, a go to for me. Every recipe is amazing and bursting with flavor, including this one, Crunchy Shrimp with Toasted Couscous & Ginger-Orange Sauce. I also roasted up some amazing red peppers, just a bit of olive oil and the oven at 425...25 minutes to a fab side and great to add to eggs or sandwiches the next day!


After my workout on Saturday I wanted to make some easy go to snacks to have on hand. First up was a batch of kale chips, simply tear apart the celan/dry kale into bite size pieces, spray with olive oil, sprinkly with coarse salt and pop in the oven at 350 for 12-15 min. I may have eaten the whole batch that day. 
Next up were some steamed artichokes, could.live.off.these. Add garlic, a bay leaf, and lemons to the water and steam for 45min or until the leafs pull off easily. Keep them in the fridge and enjoy them cold.


Friday evening was from Women's Heath magazine. The hubs was not excited about this dish, he hates (or so he said) beans. But every bite was gone...from all of us, the boys included. This recipe of Seared Scallops with White Beans, Spinach, & Bacon paired with roasted carrots is going to be a staple around here!


Thursdays dinner is one I like to make when I know our sitter will be here. It is gluten/dairy free and it doesn't have cilantro or beans (she really does hate those), so since she was hanging with us this evening I made New Orleans Style Shrimp from Cooking Light and paired it with brown rice and steamed broccoli...full of flavor with the fresh rosemary and lemon.


Another Cooking Light dish that is AH-mazing, I la la love this and so does everyone else under this roof. It is Gnocchi with Shrimp, Asparagus, & Pesto...easy and so damn good. Can you tell I like this one? And yep, roasted carrots again, I love how roasting veggies brings out the sweetness to them.


The week started off good with this warm Chicken & Shrimp Coconut Curry Soup. I posted this a few months back and heard from a few of you that tried it...so far everyone has enjoyed it as much as we do! Also, just realized we ate a LOT of shrimp...maybe that is why I have red meat on the menu 3 times this coming week!

As you can see, you CAN eat clean, healthy, amazing food without trying to live off baked chicken & raw veggies. If you want to follow along with me on Instagram simply search 'verandainteriors'. Have a fabulous week and try one of these possibly new to you recipes. Mel xo
© 2013 Veranda Interiors