Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Not quiet green yet, but getting there...

So we did manage to get the plants in the ground this weekend...it was a lot of fun, really, I swear. Not sure how some can find it relaxing, those that do I will admit that I am a tad bit jealous since I would love to have a gorgeous garden, but I know it is just not in my plans, at least for now.

Here is a before & after...

 IMG_5102.jpg picture by mamanzardo   IMG_5155.jpg picture by mamanzardo

When selecting plants I told the wonderful people at Lowes that I needed things that 'I couldn't kill if I tried'. We are only here from the beginning of June till the beginning of August, so the plants will have to survive the August heat and humidity without any tender loving care. We were told to go with 'hearty perennials'.

IMG_5141.jpg picture by mamanzardo

I will admit that I am excited for the plants to make roots and start to expand, I have a feeling it will look great in a month or two but especially next summer. We still have a bit of work to do, one more larger plant in the corner, fabric, and mulch...but it is getting there.

IMG_5150.jpg picture by mamanzardo

Now off to get ready for all of our house guest that are arriving later today, have a fab day!! Mel :)
© 2013 Veranda Interiors