Saturday, June 5, 2010

My black thumb wants to be green...

Sorry for being MIA but we just got an Internet connection here at the cabin. We have also been very busy opening the house up for the summer of fun.


IMG_5101.jpg picture by mamanzardo

For some reason I thought it would be a great idea to plant some new flowers & shrubs in the existing planters that surround the patio. Yeahh, see, I wasn't blessed with a green thumb like my sister, mine is black but I am giving it my best shot. I mean really, it can't look worse than it did originally...

IMG_5102.jpg picture by mamanzardo

After learning that I had to 'Put some meat into' with the shovel from Rob I got the hang of it, that is until I met my fate with the shrub on the end. After some chainsaw action from the man we gave up for the afternoon, it isn't all work and no play down here after all.

 IMG_5107.jpg picture by mamanzardo

I hope my Monday's post will be the 'after' images and everything will be done, please note I did say hope, so keep your fingers crossed for me!!
© 2013 Veranda Interiors