Monday, July 19, 2010

Applinaces selected & why...

One of our spec homes is being famed and they are on the second level which means it is time for me to get my kitchen drawings going. Before I can begin the drawings I need to select the appliances that will grace this home. Right after framing the plumber does the rough-in and then the electrician, without the scaled cabinet drawings they have no road map for the rough-in's. So here is what the spec home will be wearing (I like to think of the appliances as the best accessories for the kitchen)...

Kitchen Aid 42" Built-In French Door Fridge
A stunning fridge, great design, great value (about $2,000 less than a Sub Zero), and it is built-in giving the kitchen a fully custom feel.


Kitchen Aid Dishwasher 
I know, not my beloved Bosch, but some potential buyers love all of the appliances to match. Aesthetically it is just as appealing as the Bosch with the hidden controls and clean lines.

Kitchen Aid 30" Double Wall Ovens
In our last home we had Thermador double wall ovens. They are considered to be a higher end product than the Kitchen Aid but I have to say that I prefer the Kitchen Aid way more. It has a more even heat, great for baking. The cooling fan is substantially quieter and also runs for a shorter period of time.


Kitchen Aid 36" 6 Burner Range Top
Best bang for your buck when it comes to range tops. I have a 6 burner gas at our own home and when entertaining I use at least 5 of them, those that have used one will never use anything else.

Panasonic Microwave & Trim Kit
This allows for us to built it into the cabinetry without having to put it on a shelf. It creates a more custom look since it appears 'built-in' with the added trim kit.


Vent-A-Hood Liner
By choosing a liner for the hood fan I am allowed to design a custom wood canopy that will conceal the unit. Not only is the canopy usually a central focal point of the kitchen but it also is a great area to add some creativity and flare to the cabinetry design. 


Now I am off to do some research and find inspiration for this kitchen, someone will eventually call it home so I want to make it perfect. Hope your weekend was wonderful and filled with laughter. Mel :)
© 2013 Veranda Interiors