Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Knock Knock

My first year in NYC I was living off Park Avenue right on Gramercy Park and next door to the National Arts Club. Now before you get all excited and start to envision a fabulous space I should disclose that it was a dorm. I was 18, in art school, living off of my parents money, and thought that wallpapering the entire apartment with contact paper was a brilliant idea.

livingroom-paper-wire-0710-o-neill-.jpg

Once I saw designer Ellen O'Neills studio apartment in House Beautiful I knew I had to use it for my 'Knock Knock' series. It faces Gramercy Park (which you can only access with a key that are given out to residents surrounding the park, and yes, I had one). It is just amazing, I can only wonder what I would have created during that year if I was living in this marvelous space.

fireplace-sofa-black-and-white-0710.jpg

framed-photos-wall-0710-o-neill-01-.jpg

chandelier-paper-bulb-0710-o-neill-.jpg

desk-dark-brown-0710-o-neill-12-de.jpg

mantle-pictures-display-0710-o-neil.jpg

office-desk-fan-0710-o-neill-06-de.jpg

slipcover-chair-white-0710-o-neill-.jpg

wallpaper-kitchen-white-0710-o-neil.jpg

kitchen-sink-small-0710-o-neill-10-.jpg

messy-white-bed-0710-o-neill-08-de.jpg

I hope you have enjoyed this tour, just writing a short bit about Gramercy has brought back amazing memories of my time on the park. Mel :)
© 2013 Veranda Interiors