Monday, July 12, 2010

Off to the architect for finals...

Rob & I finally sat down last night and went over the plans for the new house. It is such a relief to send them off to the architect so the process can begin. I will admit that while we have been down at the cabin it really hasn't crossed my mind, but I am sure when we will be in the final stages of completing it I will be saying 'Why didn't we start this sooner, we could be in by now!!'. The images below are little snapshots from our plans...

Screenshot2010-07-11at50310PM.png picture by mamanzardo

There were just a few modifications to be made to the main and upper levels. It essentially is our current home just enlarged here & there, that did make the design process quiet easy. I am still stumped on which entry door that I talked about HERE to use...you guys are at a 50/50 split right now. Any more insight??

Screenshot2010-07-11at50215PM.png picture by mamanzardo

The lower level on the other hand needed to be overhauled. We knew our requirements; a bar, large wine cellar, exercise room, recreational room, and at least 2 guest bedrooms along with ample storage for my ridiculous holiday decor collection.

Screenshot2010-07-11at50124PM.png
All images property of Veranda Estate Homes & Interiors

Now that they are off for final revisions Rob can get started on cutting in the road and home location when he heads back next week. Super exciting, but for me it means that I have to get our exterior color selections and materials nailed down ASAP. On that note I am off to find inspiration.

Enjoy your Monday and I hope that the weekend treated you well! Mel :)
© 2013 Veranda Interiors