Tuesday, June 21, 2011

New items for the home...

OK, so one reason I am not flooding all of you with pics of the new home is I want it to be done and it is so far from done. With some lights back-ordered till September now (bad Visual Comfort, b.a.d.) & most of the furniture not being delivered till late August I am just not 100% happy with the images I have and before they go floating all around the internet I want them to look spot on. In the mean time I can share with you a few items that have been ordered that we are patiently waiting for. Yes, it is all from Restoration Hardware. I have been too busy to spend hours crusing stores to find the right thing, so instead I sat on my sofa, opened a bottle of wine and clicked away on the computer. Here is what I found...

My Desk
I wanted a wing-back, but something on a smaller scale and this chair which was designed for a dining table is perfect. I decided on the Belgian Linen in Flax, it has the right amount of depth and the texture is perfect.


Hubs Desk
I was so not expecting him to pick this, but I think he felt empowered in since it just swallows you up. Still not sure if it will work or not in his space since he works between 2 desk. That is the great thing about RH, if you order a stock item like this and it doesn't work you can return it. 


Master Bathroom
Our bathroom is on the larger side and very white, I love it, but it needed something else and I think this mirror that is MASSIVE, as in 43" wide x 90" tall will be perfect leaning against the wall across form the door when you enter. And for my makeup desk, this feminine chair, again in the Belgian Linen but this time in the natural color. 


Breakfast Area
We picked up a killer reclaimed teak table while we were on Vancouver Island, I mentioned it here when we came back from our trip. With its size we are able to sit 6 comfortably and that is what I wanted. Comfort. Out of all of the dining chairs in RH I found these to be the most comforting.


Kitchen Island
Stools, new stools, what a challenge!! We needed counter-height which are harder to find than bar height. I did spend quiet a few hours on-line searching for some vintage finds but everything I found was either sold or in the States and not able to ship to me in the Great White North. So looky look, these will do, they are fun and add the right amount of industrial strength that I was looking for.


Great Room
The leather we have had for the past 6 years had been great, but my children are older, Lola the Pug is no longer with us and I want something softer. So out with the old and in with the new. I still adore all of our tables, accent & side, so those will be staying and also help me not look like you have walked into a RH store. We really wanted to have 2 sofas again, but this beast is HUGE, almost 4' deep and a whopping 9' long, I can't wait for movie nights with all of us snuggled up on it. Since there are still young boys & one big boy in the house I wanted a more durable fabric, so for the sofa we decided on the Army Duck in Sand.


Since we only had room for one sofa we decided to add 2 of these lovely chairs. They are quiet large as well, being 39" wide & 45" deep. I wanted to mix up the materials in this space so we went with Belgian Linen in a deep charcoal for both of them.


Wet Bar
In the lower level we needed more counter stools for the wet bar. I didn't want to spend a lot on these since this space is really only used when we have larger parties. I think these are the perfect fit, and at only $149 each we couldn't go wrong.


I know with all of our own furnishings, the style of the home, and all of my chotchkies it will not be like walking into a RH showroom, the pieces will be sprinkled here and there throughout the home and honestly, I just love the fact that it was all ordered while I was in my pj's, ha! Mel xo
© 2013 Veranda Interiors