Sunday, January 16, 2011

Much appreciated...

It is much appreciated to get any sort of accolade in this industry. Sometimes people do not realize that a simple 'thank you' or 'wonderful job' goes a long way. So I would like to take this opportunity to say a HUGE thank you to Darcy at The I.Design Box & Mona at Providence Ltd. Interior Design for awarding me with a Stylish Blogger Award. I appreciate the compliment and you only drive me to continue to grow as a designer and bring inspiration to all that I can.

Part of this awards includes sharing 7 things about myself that you may not know. So allow me to take this time to share with you 7 little details into my life...

1. I studied art at Rode Island School of Design and then School of Visual Arts in NYC, 2 amazing cities that I still hold dear to my heart.


2. I'm tall, 5'10", but I still love my heals, even next to my 5'10" husband.


3. I have an addiction to photography, mostly having my family captured by amazingly talented artist.


4. Entertaining is something I thrive for, I love to host all kinds of events and am looking forward to the massive party we will be having once we are settled in our newest home.


5. Exercise is a must, at least 6 days a week. I need the early morning time alone when the house is still asleep to just let my mind wonder. I have come up with some of my best ideas on my spin bike, that is my therapy.


6. Designing my own home is a nightmare, seriously, I would rather have 100 homes to work on with tight budgets and time lines than work on selections and design for myself. I over think, I like it all, if it is out of budget I get my heart set on it, and I find it exhausting.


Image via Getty

7. I am number 7, the seventh child to amazing parents that have always had my back, always let me run with my imagination, and who gave me amazing siblings that I miss and love immensely.


And now I would love to pass this along to 10 other wonderful bloggers that I admire and enjoy reading. Here you go my lovelies!!


Lilac & Grey                                       Satisfying Spaces
The White City Project                       VT Interiors
The Countrypolitain                            Willow Wisp Cottage
Pink to Green                                      Ma Nouvelle Maison
Moth Design                                       Tales of Me & The Husband

So girls, please share 7 wonderful things about yourself and pass this along to 10 amazing blogger. Mel xo
© 2013 Veranda Interiors