Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Project Updates: Our House

 I have been at our home non-stop, answering questions from the framers, electricians, plumbers...yes, they are all working there at the same time, and you can add roofers to that list later today. (That is 20+ workers at the house today, WOW!)


The exterior is about 90% complete; all of the windows are installed, the roof is sheeted, we are moving on to the decorative cedar deatiling such as the pergolas, fascia boards, and brackets. Below is the outdoor room, the post are being built out so we can apply the stone and cedar to them. I am seeing many bottles of wine enjoyed under this roof in my future!

Now, with every job there are issues, mistakes, mishaps and for us we can include the bow window units. When I saw the framed opening I thought 'that looks way to short' but whatever, I could live with it, that is until I saw the units go in. Somehow, someway we went from having 18" wide windows to 14", that was just not floating my boat. So here is Hubs talking the change over with the framer that spent hours upon hours framing this wall to perfection. The entire middle section on the main and upper level now have to be ripped off and re-framed. But hey, now is the time to do it, this was not a mistake I was willing to live with.


So it is rocking and rolling, we are on schedule to have the drywall done while we are far far away sipping tropical drinks. Now off to bake more cookies, gotta keep the trades happy!!! Mel xo
© 2013 Veranda Interiors