Friday, January 21, 2011

Fridays Favorite - Spinning at home

After THIS post I had a few inquires as to my spin routines, songs I listen to, or just how I do it at home. So let me introduce you to one of my true favorites, iamplify. I have all of the indoor cycle programs from this site, but by far I think the BEST ones are from Tracey Mallett. Your best bang for your buck is the Blast Away Fat: Indoor Cycling Package for $29.95. It includes 4 programs that will get you into shape in no time, I promise!!!


Another option for downloads are from a site called iTrain.  While I do have a few of these, the Tracey Mallett package is still my go to for some major fat burning. But any that you do chose to go with will give you an amazing workout, just remember, you have to push yourself. No one may be in front of you to make you increase the tension or to pick up the speed...but just envision that you are in the class and you want to kick some serious booty.


Now for the bike...there are a ton of options out there. At our cabin I picked up an inexpensive bike, since it only gets used in the summer I didn't want to spend a massive amount of money on it. The  Stamina 9200 CP Spin bike is perfect if you only plan on maybe spinning once a week or for a second home that will not see the abuse that your main home gym would give.


For my home gym I went with a more ridged higher end bike. I use it between 2 - 4 times a week, so I wanted something that would hold up over time. I opted for a Schwinn AC Classic Indoor Cycle, seriously, I love this bike, but I really love what this bike has done for my thighs!


OK, now go off and enjoy your weekend and get some activity in if you can, say maybe a spin class?? Mel xo
© 2013 Veranda Interiors