Friday, January 28, 2011

And the counters will be...

I can not wait till these slabs will be fabricated to fit perfectly into our home. Here is a glimpse at the beautiful stones that I recently finalized for our new home.

The Kitchen
Statuario, isn't she lovely? This amazing stone will be gracing the perimeter counter tops in our kitchen and it will also be used for a solid slab backsplash...I am so in love with this stone. We will also be using it for the butlers pantry and backsplash in that area as well. It is just stunning in person, I have been known to caress it when I am at our suppliers. Templating is going to be a long and painful job, besides book matching (making sure the veins line up) I am also going to be heavily involved in deciding where the cuts will be made, this is going to be a labor of love, but in turn a work of art!


Master Bathroom
Calacutta Carrara, hi honey!! When I saw the images of this stone before it was shipped over from Italy I knew it was wonderful, but in person it just gleams. She will be used on our vanity tops, backsplash and another little detail that I am saving for later. I am now on the hunt for the perfect tile for the shower...something elegant but with a bit of flare.


Wet Bar
Cappuccino, sigh. The wet bar in the lower level is all Robs, he is in charge of designing it and the wine rooms...OK, so I will have the final say and I am the one that picked this stone, but how could I just walk away from it?! The movement is just striking and it will go perfect with the Manly Man Vibe I am going for. 


The only 'fail' that I had with my selections was the fact that they are all on the top end of the price scale. I have been able to justify it to the Hubs, but I will admit that he is so busy with the upcoming possession and other homes that I am pretty sure as soon as I start to discuss materials for our home he zones out. Fine by me, now as long as he can do that when I am finalizing tiles, carpet, lighting, cabinet hardware, and on and on and on. 
 
And yes, I may be crazy for using the Statuario in the kitchen but I honestly do not care. Nothing else would come close to this stone, the tone, the veining, all of it. I can't wait till you all come home!! Enjoy your day. Mel xo


© 2013 Veranda Interiors