Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Sarah's House the finale

First, I want to apologize for being MIA, between listing our home (with 2 children = not fun), being buried in paint chips for clients, and prepping some homes that are ready for construction my blog has had to take a back seat. I am still going to try my hardest to post Mon-Fri, please forgive me.

This week on the finale of Sarah's house they featured the exterior transformation along with a few spots in the home that we did not seen during previous episodes. 

This view shows the addition to the original farmhouse. I love the combination of the siding and brick and how she brought some of the red brick into the addition with the chimney.

 Screenshot2010-05-17at65117PM.png picture by mamanzardo

It is so charming,  and talk about a surprise when you walk through the door and see what the interior has to hold. Also I love the large tree in the front, on our side of the country trees like that are a rarity since the growing season is minimal.

Screenshot2010-05-17at64902PM.png picture by mamanzardo

Here is a view of the upper hall, love the brightness of it and how all of the white just works beautifully together. In fact, HERE is a great article about using white by the talented Maria Killam from Colour me Happy.

Screenshot2010-05-17at64940PM.png picture by mamanzardo

This is the hallway leading to the new addition. I love all of the natural light that it has, makes you want to go and see what is down the hall. The only thing I am not digging is the combination of light fixtures, I wish they were all the same or at least complimentary to each other.

Screenshot2010-05-17at64928PM.png picture by mamanzardo

Here is a view of the lower level rec room that was not featured on an episode. The blue is making me want to run away, not the right tone for me, but everything else works beautifully together, the combo of fabrics, the wainscoting, and the placement of accessories work really well together.

Screenshot2010-05-17at64953PM.png picture by mamanzardo
All images via HGTV

OK, now I am off to the mountains for some girl time for me and play time for the boys. Hope your day finds you well! Mel :)
© 2013 Veranda Interiors