Monday, May 3, 2010

Antlers

So my weekly obsession right now are antlers. It isn't anything new, and yes, it has been around in the design world for years. Some think it is a trend others find them timeless and classic. It really comes down to your personal style and decor.

Elle-Decor-Antlers.jpg picture by mamanzardo
Image via Elle Decor

My sister bought us a great antler chandelier for your cabin when we started the renovation. It was meant to be for outside but we decided to replaced the dining room light with it, talk about a big WOW factor. Disclaimer: Our cabin is not decorated yet and my photography skills are lacking, but this will give you an idea...

LakeLife2009045-1.jpg picture by mamanzardo
 Image my own

Here is one of my favorite images that I have posted in the past, they use the antlers as a towel rack above a free standing tub...so cool!

martyn_thompson_bath.jpg picture by mamanzardo
Image via Martyn Thompson

The whole obsession started by my boredom on Thursday, I rearranged my entire great room. Now there is a blank wall above my console table that is screaming for something, so why not some antlers. Here are some small groping that I think work really well together, they would be the perfect addition to our room.

CitySageFreyeryCK.jpg picture by mamanzardo   CountryLivingrustic-1009-de.jpg picture by mamanzardo
Images via City Sage & Country Living

If you want to be animal friendly yet still achieve the look, these are available from Two's Company HERE (I already ordered mine)...

 Screenshot2010-05-02at102718PM.png picture by mamanzardo
 Image via Organize.com

 Hope your weekend was fabulous, now on to the grind of Monday, coffee please!!! Mel :)
© 2013 Veranda Interiors