Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Sarah's House week 8

This week on Sarah's House the focus was on the Family Bath, she kept with her typical color palate of cool understates colors & achieved a B on my grading scale.

I love the use of the hanging lantern, I just wish it wasn't painted white. It gets lost against the ceiling, if it was in a chrome or nickel finish it would have been a stand out item in the room.

Screenshot2010-05-03at32726PM.png picture by mamanzardo

Here she re-purposed 2 old dressers into vanities, easy enough to do and it does add a lot of charm to the space. The faucets have a beautiful elongated neck and add elegance to the vanity. The one thing I will say is the antique sconce used for the vanity lighting would not be sufficient for my own bathroom. Pretty...yes. Functional...no. 

Screenshot2010-05-03at32740PM.png picture by mamanzardo

For the free standing tub I do really prefer the one she used in the first bathroom HERE. This has great lines and it is nice to bring a bit of a contemporary vibe into a farm house, but for me it just isn't working. And will someone please burn the blue plaid drapes, really?!?!

Screenshot2010-05-03at32752PM.png picture by mamanzardo

Here is what I think she does best. Sarah knows how to work tile, here she takes a simple subway tile and inset it surrounded by a marble listello and field tile to create a frame. Little cost for a big bang.

Screenshot2010-05-03at32806PM.png picture by mamanzardo
Image via HGTV

I am back to wanting more from her, lets see where next weeks episode takes us. Enjoy your Tuesday!! Mel :)
© 2013 Veranda Interiors