Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Project Updates: Altadore I


Come on in and let me share with you my latest project that I am dying over, I have some serious LOVE for this home!!!! It is awesomeballs if I do say so myself, hope you love it as much as I do (and keep in mind these are construction pics and do not fully represent the awesomeness that is to come)...

{front room}
This is the first room you see in this home and I wanted something to grab you. I found inspiration for a wall design by Burnham Design via Pinterest. After a couple of hours drafting up examples this is what I ended up with and my amazing finisher that kicks some serious butt when to town, thanks Mark...you.are.awesome.


 I'm so in love with this room!


{great room}
I decided on all vertical grain quartersawn white oak for the wood work in the home, again, since we do everything on-site in the home options are endless and you get an amazing finished product that exudes quality, finish, and fit...have I mentioned that I love what I do? The area around the fireplace and up the right hand side will be cladded in stone (which is awesome as well).

The ceilings are 11' in this section of the home, very rare for an inner city home, but it adds a lot to the space, the black patio doors at the back of the room will open up to a large patio.


{kitchen}
The doors have arrived and are waiting to be sprayed so they can be installed, appliances to come, then the rest of the tile can go in along with the wall sconces above the stained open shelves.


The island detail with the vertical grain panels and Caesarstone waterfall is stunning, akkk...I will be dreaming about this kitchen until it is done, and possibly after it is done too.


{mud room}
The rear entry on this home is going to be filled with tons of style as well, from the chevron floors to the large Hicks pendants. On the left is a small desk or command center that is nicely tucked into this space but right across form the kitchen.


{powder room & butlers pantry}
The powder room is a work in process...but I promise you this, it is going to ridiculous when the finishers are done with the wall treatment & vanity. The butlers pantry is nestled in between the front rooms with awesoemeballs wall and the killer kitchen, oh, and there is a massive pantry next to that, tons o' storage.


{laundry room & doors}
Laundry room goodness, bins built-in for dirty clothes, hanging rod above and cabinets for extra storage, across form this is the washer & dryer along with a sink and yep...more cabinets. On the right, a little glimpse of the black door goodness that is going throughout the home.


{main bath}
Subway and hexagon...need I say more?


 {basement wet bar}
I wanted to keep the basement more manly by using all wood down here, but the elements had to stay the same & consistent.


More vertical grain, Caesarstone, subway, and open shelving...


{wine room}
Rather than wasting the room under the stairs that lead to the basement we tucked in a wine room, storage is over rated...unless it is wine storage!

 all image via Veranda Interiors

So there you have it, the progress of Altadore I, and to think I have an Altadore II & Altadore III that I get to work on...so.much.fun!! Hope you enjoyed and I will be sharing more as the house progress. Think lots of Visual Comfort & Arteriors goodness along with some iron & glass railings. Oh, and I am getting the images back from the Hillhurst project this week as well...stay tuned! Mel xo

*If you are interested in ordering any lights from Visual Comfort or Arteriors please contact me for pricing*

want more?? Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, & Instagram under verandainteriors
© 2013 Veranda Interiors