Monday, February 20, 2012

Sweet as pie

Welcome to a new addition on the West side of Maui, Leoda's Kitchen & Pie Shop...it is so adorable I could seriously move in tomorrow! Both the hubs and I were attracted to the green vertical siding, butter yellow doors, railings, & corrugated metal roof, I could envision a beautiful plantation style home done in similar colors/materials for us, one day.


When you walk in you are greeted by the amazing staff and wonderful treats that will make you say 'One of everything please!', and the multicolored reclaimed wood wall by the bar seating is so fun and beachy...the sand on your toes will feel at home!


The bathrooms are located to the left of the order counter and the photo collage makes your mind wonder to a time when Maui was no more than a small island not yet disturbed. And how adorable is that bathroom door?! Temped to incorporate something like that into one of my Altadore jobs, I think it would a bit quirky and fun for a kids bath, no?


Just past the bathroom is a larger seating area, compiled of picnic style seating, booths, and chairs, all of the white, the beams, the lighting, all of it please add to my wish list for my future Maui home. Separating the kitchen from this seating area is a service station where they keep glasses, cutlery, and even spices in mason jars, it just has THAT feel.


On the front veranda they have beautiful sculpted iron corbels that have a great contrast against the green siding...could have stayed here all day.

We have one week left on this beautiful island, is is seriously one of those places that we could call home, and one day we hope to make that a reality. Here are a few more Instagram (my latest addiction) images from the past week...

 
want more?? Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest

& Instagram under verandainteriors

I do wish you the best week, as I know we will be making the most of every single second we have left here on this amazing island. Be sure to check in as I have two more amazing guest post for you all to read and enjoy...until then, aloha!!! Mel xo


© 2013 Veranda Interiors