Thursday, February 23, 2012

In Ten with Tiffany from Savor Home

You know when you start to read a blog and you can just tell that the person behind it is so kind and wonderful? Well, that is how I felt about Tiffany's blog, Savor Home, the first time I stumbled upon it. She has a great ascetic and and is one heck of a cook as well, her food images will make you forget about that diet thingamajig. 
 .......................................................................................

Hi there! I'm Tiffany of Savor Home. I am THRILLED to be here today as I have been a fan of Mel and her blog for quite some time. She is lovely and so incredibly talented. I will be honest in saying that I am incredibly jealous that she is probably soaking up the sun on a white sandy beach in Hawaii even as I write this. I so wish I could be there! But for now, I will do my best to keep you entertained here while she soaks up the sun- on a white sandy beach... :)
Speaking of white, let's talk about white rooms. White rooms are so fresh and I love anything that is fresh. My mom says that "fresh" should have been my middle name. Ha. When I see a white room, it tells me," I know it's been a long day, but I will help you calm down." I love that. Even though they are calming, I am completely aware that they are hard to maintain, especially when you have a hubby, kids and maybe a pet or two. But that probably won't stop me from having a white room in my house and a Pinterest board completely dedicated to them. So I bring to you today my top 10 white rooms of all time that I have seen so far...


The entry of a home is synonymous to the first chapter of a book. If the first chapter isn't good, then you might not have much hope for the rest. If this were the entry of a house, I couldn't wait to see the rest! I love the dark floors and the conservative gallery walls mixed with the zebra print ottomans. Lovely...


What I love the most about this living room is the mixture of modern and traditional elements. It's also comfortable and inviting. Oh and I love that couch. I could sink into it with my Kindle and read the day away- with a nap or two in between.


This kitchen has everything on my wishlist- white cabinets, glass cabinetry, lovely lighting, tons of space and a fresh look. I have a love for food photography, so the large windows would be my best friend.


White dining rooms are stain magnets, I know that. But thank goodness for slipcovers...


I am a firm believer in decorating an office space with things you love and things that inspire creativity. I think it makes for a much better day. The photo display would be perfect for displaying photos of my family and my photography. I would add a nice pretty Mac and a green plant here. Other than that, I think it's perfect.


Yes, I would LOVE to have a white nursery. I'm insane! I just think they are so incredibly bright, peaceful and calming- all useful feelings to have during midnight feedings and crying spells!


Guest bedrooms should be warm, inviting, clean and crisp. Oh and I think they should always have fresh  flowers. So this one fits the bill for me. The only problem is, if I were a guest in a room like this, I might never leave!


If I could only have one white room in the house, I would choose the master bedroom. I work very hard during the day, as most of you do, so coming home to a nice, clean white bedroom with a white,soft fluffy bed with 400 thread count sheets- heaven. Aren't those antique mirrors gorgeous?

This is Brooke Shield's master bathroom in her Manhattan home. It's quite lovely right? All I need here is a glass of wine, candles, a juicy novel and a neon sign on the doorknob that says, "Do Not Disturb- Ever."


The kitchen is clean, the laundry is done, homework is done, the kids are in bed and the only thing left to do is relax in one of those rockers with a glass of wine or a cup of hot tea. Sounds perfectly dreamy huh??
I hope you enjoyed some of favorite white rooms! I hope you have a great day and thanks again for having me Mel!
xo, 
Tiff
Images: 1.2.3.4.5.6.7.8.9.10
© 2013 Veranda Interiors