Thursday, February 17, 2011

Knock Knock - My Maui dream home

I like to think BIG, as in really BIG, if you don't shoot for the stars you will never reach them. So let me introduce you to our Maui home. It is all in my mind but one day we hope to make it a reality since this already feels like our second home.

Exterior
 On the ocean and beachfront of course! We would love to be on the west side of Maui, maybe a bit before Lahinia or near Kapalua. Crisp white and a low pitch roof line so the surroundings are the focal point.

Images 1 & 2 from Sutton Suzuki  3 & 4 from Hawaii Properties
Kitchen
Clean & crisp, lots of natural light with tons of glass. The breakfast nook will look out to the view that we will have, again, as much glass as I can get in so we can watch the days go by.
 Image via Sutton Suzuki

Master Bedroom
Again with the view, beautiful local hardwood floors and sliding doors that open out to the lanai, maybe even a private little soaking pool for the hubs and I, it is a dream home after all.


Guest Bedroom 1
Guest bedroom & bathroom #1, neutral and relaxing...a place you will not want to leave.


Image via Coastal Living

Guest Bedroom 2
A bit brighter than the last, maybe for my teenage nephews & nieces when they come to visit. I love all of the white, the shutters that open to let the fresh ocean breeze in, and the black accents.
 
Images via My Home Ideas

Boys Room
 A bunk room of course, maybe with 4 bunks built-in, they will want friends coming eventually! And the access from the beach to the shower in their bathroom, perfect. Lets keep the sand where it needs to be...and that is not in the main areas of the home kids.

Images via Coastal Living & Suset
Great room
This room is pure bliss, the ceiling detail and all of the windows finished off by the oversized lantern. I wouldn't change a thing here.
 
Image via Coastal Living

Details
We will need a set of swinging day beds for naps by the ocean, glasses of wine in the evening, and story telling after a snorkel trip where we saw a fish THIS BIG!!!
 

I can see my boys in this mud room, maybe it is because the two below have similar shaggy does and the Polo shirts I am way too fond of. We will need a great place to drop everything when coming back from a day at Napili Bay...and the painted striped flooring, love it!


There will be tons of these sliding glass doors to section off the home without making it feel too closed off. I know with giggles from the little ones and the banter from the big ones while continuing to tell those fish stories...every little bit will help.

Images 1 & 2 from Coastal Living & 3 from Southern Accents

So that is it, a girl can dream can't she? Mel xo
© 2013 Veranda Interiors