Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Our trip to Maui

Our trip to Maui this year was fantastic, we had the best weather we have ever had there, the boys enjoyed the sun and sand, and the Hubs and I enjoyed some great time together since our FAB sitter Rachel came out for a week. Here are just a few pics I wanted to share with all of you.

 My favorite spot on Maui, a view of Kahakuloa.

 The shots of my boys that I adore.
 

In Lahina Harbor and a surfer going out on Fleming Beach.

 At the Old Lahina Luau.

Our attempts at a family pic, many fails and one decent one. The boys are not the most cooperative, only 1 decent family picture, I think this was the 6th or so attempt.

Our last couple of sunsets on Maui. A favorite thing to do is drive down the highway and find a beach on the side of the road. Typically we are the only ones there, so we can enjoy the sound of the surf while we watch the sun lower itself down for an evening of rest.

One of our absolute favorite restaurants on Maui, Mala. The tuna bruschetta, roasted beat & mac nut crusted goat cheese salad, and the 'best burger of my life' as per the Hubs, a Kobe beef burger with blue cheese and smoked bacon. The perfect lunch after a morning at the beach. Be sure to make reservations for lunch & dinner. It is small, packed, and has a huge following. I wish we could have gone back one more time, but I should be content with the 5 visits we did indulge in on this trip.


If you have never been to Maui put it on your bucket list. Like I mentioned in THIS post it already feels like our second home. Over the last 8 years we have met wonderful people & discovered amazing beaches...I can't wait till it is time to go back again! I have that feeling, the feeling like I was never gone, I think that is my least favorite thing about returning home, feeling like it was a dream. Mel xo
© 2013 Veranda Interiors