Friday, October 15, 2010

Fridays Favorite - Flippin' Good Guacamole

I remember the days of making guacamole that consisted of a packet of mystery seasonings and some avocados. So sad that I spent all of those meals thinking I was eating a great concoction. Since having the boys I am more and more conscious of what we are eating, fresh and whole foods are on the top of our list. Since one of our favorite foods is some good ol' guac I needed to perfect it...and here it is.


Flippin' Good Guacamole
Makes about 4 Cups

10 ripe Hass avacados, peeled, pitted, and diced
1 pint grape tomatoes, chopped
1 bunch scallions, white & green parts minced
3 jalapeno peppers, cored, seeded, and minced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 C. fresh cilantro
Juice of 3 limes
4 t. ground cumin
1/2 t. ground cayenne pepper
1 t. salt
1 t. pepper

Combine all ingredients and season to taste after. Sometimes I add more lime or cumin. Place in the fridge until ready to serve with plastic wrap directly op-top of the guacamole. That will help it from turning brown, make sure there are no air bubbles.


Yummy yummy so good in my tummy! Now go and toss those seasoning packages away and give this one a shot. Have a great weekend! Mel xo
© 2013 Veranda Interiors