Monday, October 18, 2010

Kitchen element 2...

The second element I will share with you for our new kitchen is the butcher block counter I am doing on the island. Trying to get the Mr. to go for it was next to impossible...but I can be very persuasive and very consistent when wanting something, he usually puts up a good fight but he lost this one.

Image via Kitchen&BathIdeas

I wanted to add warmth to the kitchen since I will be going for a cleaner white than what we have now on our cabinets. This will be the perfect way to add depth, character, and the wow factor. I am leaning towards an edge rain walnut for the material but I need to confirm the flooring first, I want to ensure the tones play well off of each other.

Image via Grouthouse

Here are just a few more images that made this decision too easy...

 Image via 1805AnitaDr

 Image via MyHomeIdeas

Image via Kitchen&BathIdeas

Image via Trend Ideas

And on another note, here is the pic I took out on the lot on Friday. Yes, that was this past Friday and that is snow...everywhere. The lot is getting the final prep before excavation starts.


Things are trucking along here, I will have a good long update post in the next day or two...lots going on in our world of construction! Mel xo
© 2013 Veranda Interiors