Monday, October 4, 2010

Windows ordered, CHECK!

We finalized our window order the other day with our supplier (one step closer). We use Ply Gem Regency Clad 2000 windows in all of our homes and they take about 8 weeks to manufacture, so the order had to get in ASAP. They are an aluminum clad dual pane window with hemlock fir interiors, that translates into a lot of options that a PVC window can not give you, also a far more superior product and one that should be used in all new homes if the budget can allow. It is keeping you safe from the elements and in my opinion not a place to try and cut cost.

Image via Ply Gem

They have introduced new custom colors (over 40) for the exterior cladding. I was tempted to do a burgundy clad windows (think of a wonderful French Bordeaux), but I will admit I chickened out. Quack Quack. I need the exterior to flow with the interior so I decided on Carbon Gray for the exterior. This is what we have now and you know what, if it ain't broke don't fix it, and since this next home is going to be a flipper I need to appeal to the masses.


Now, not sure if you remember THIS post about my love for oval windows or not, but I did end up putting 2 ovals into the home. One across from my beloved laundry room in the upper hallway and another in my walk-in-closet.

'Hers' Walk-in closet

Hallway leading to laundry room
 All imaged via Veranda Interiors

The addition of the oval to the walk-in only made the planning of that room more exciting. Now it will be a haven and a place where every woman will feel at home. That will be another post though, but the beloved oval window has set off the entire design for my closet and oh my, it is going to be F.A.B. Mel xo
© 2013 Veranda Interiors