Thursday, March 24, 2011

Buzz and Woody, I mean wood...

The boys brought Buzz along to inspect the hardwood floors, they informed us he is daddy's new supervisor. The material was delivered at the home a while ago but it needed to climatise since we have no humidity here. We ended up going with 6" & 8" hickory and I am just head over heals in love with the grain, movement, and character that this flooring has! And yes, Buzz approves as well.


The boys started installing it yesterday and after listening to my crazy request for placement, pattern, and other ideas I will be making a batch of cookies for them today, nothing wrong with buttering up and keeping the trades happy.


We decided to run the flooring straight throughout the main level with the exception of the office. I wanted something different for the Hubs office. We ended up doing a 14" picture frame boarder with a simple V or single chevron pattern to it, similar to this image below...

The upper level hallway will run straight, or against the run of the floor trusses. In the master bedroom we compromised (me = hardwood & hubs = carpet) and are doing a 20" picture frame boarder with a carpet inlay. The image below shows the staris in the bedroom that lead to the area where our closets are and my work area will be. This area will be done in the 8/6/8/6 straight run so it flows with the rest of the home. 


And the master bathroom, oh how I love you already. Here we are doing a chevron (yes, I am addicted) in here. I wanted this floor to stand out. I decided on all 6" boards in the space with 2' runs, I think it will be the perfect scale, not too small to blind you with pattern overload and not too large to make it look like a mistake.


I will be sure to keep you posted on their progress, now go off an enjoy your day!! Mel xo
© 2013 Veranda Interiors