Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Mud Room ideas...

So I have been working on ideas and designs for our mud room at the new home. At first I was all over using orange as an accent when I saw Heathers post on the color orange, it inspired me. That is until I started looking for flooring that would work with what else is going on in the home. Here is what I have ended up going with (for now, ha!)...


1. Custom lacquered lockers c/w lids and storage bins above...need to pick my white, ugg.
2. Gilmore Hook in polished nickel via Restoration Hardware
3. 12x24 Black Pearl slate
4. Accent pillows for the seating bench
5. Seating bench cushion
6. Accent pillows for the seating bench. All fabrics via Premier Prints
    *Fabrics may change when I receive my samples, they appear a bit brown but I am hopeful
7. Extra Large Hicks Pendants (3 of them) from Visual Comfort in polished nickel
8. Festival Rug from Anthropologie

Here is the general layout of the cabinet design for the built-in lockers that will flank one wall.

I am in the process of buttering up the trades, mostly our finishers. I would love to have a tall shaker style wainscoting in this room, even if it is a faux panel with the vertical strips and trim piece added to the top, I just want the look but it is not something the hubs is going to go for. I might be doing a lot of coffee runs and baking once they move their tools into the home.


Don't worry guys, I will treat you to a Starbucks now and then too, so like i was saying, that paneling in the mud room...

Hope the week is treating you well! I am looking forward to some girl time this evening at a charity event and let me tell you, I am ready for some laughs. Mel xo
© 2013 Veranda Interiors