Monday, March 14, 2011

Picking a white paint or getting a bikini wax & the garage...

Personally, if I had the choice I would get a bikini wax over and over and over again. This past weekend I HAD to select our paint color for the ceilings in the home. Now typically this is an easy process for me...when it is NOT for me that is. This is what my island at our rental looked like...


And this is what I looked like...

via getty

And this is what I came up with thanks to my rep at Pratt & Lambert while he was talking me off the bridge, Chalk Gray, but at 50%. It is just going on 6000+ Sq. Ft. of ceilings, no big deal right?

Disclaimer: I hate putting up samples like this, it is not a true reflection of the color on my fan, but all I could find to share with all of you.
 

While deciding this the hubs also informed me that he needed, right then, right now, the colors for the garage and he wanted something 'classy'. Yes dear, because everyone needs a 'classy' garage, it is the center of the home after all, isn't it? (seriously, what is up with men?!) So I got to work, now since this is not my space I managed to pick the colors in oh, 2 minutes and I will admit, I think it will be quite classy if I do say so myself. Especially if he gets one of these to park in it (so not happening)...

 via Audi

Garage floors are getting an epoxy finish, we went with a custom tint that will be matched to Pratt & Lambert Lambswool which is what our kitchen cabinets were painted in our last home. Then they will add colored chips on top.

Image my own


The walls are going to be Pratt & Lambert Brierwood.


please see disclaimer above


And the ceilings, Pratt & Lambert Woodwitch, as seen on the walls below...

via tmagazine

So you know, now that he had me pick all of these colors for his 'classy' garage we are going to need some lights that reflect the classiness...but something cheap. Thinking these might do the trick from Ikea...


I can say I am glad, a couple of items are off the check list that seems never ending. I do hope you all have a wonderful Monday. Mel xo
© 2013 Veranda Interiors