Thursday, March 3, 2011

Knock Knock - Badgley Mischka

Back when Elle Decor featured designers Badgley Mischka's Kentucky home in 2009 I was in love. Not with just the threads they put together but now with the retreat they created in Kentucky together.

How appealing is this master room? So simple, the combination of wood, leather, linen, silver, and black.


I love the extensive white subway tile that was used in the kitchen area, and by using a darker grout it plays off of the black island and dark veining in the counter tops.


As a lover of cookbooks I can appreciate a wonderful display of culinary excellence.


Dining Room? No, this is the library, and my idea of a library, the table in the center ready for a gathering.


While the black walls are strong and masculine the gold & crystal details make it welcoming to all, but a bottle of champagne is always welcoming in my books.


This space is wonderful, perfect for a cup of coffee in the morning, maybe a game of cards in the evening, the perfect spot to connect with someone special.


The sofas by Restoration Hardware make this room achievable to most, it is the Hermès blanket (oh, I will have one, one day I hope) that is the cherry on top.


You can never go wrong with antlers, never.


Having a stable this lovely would make me more than happy to clean up some horse poo...even crappy jobs are better in beautiful environments.


The image of the tack room makes me want to know more about this sport, maybe the thought of having to have beautiful ridding boots helps.


Hoping for green grass surrounding us soon, warm thoughts Melissa, warm thoughts. Mel xo
© 2013 Veranda Interiors