Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Gray Stained Cabinets, some insperation...

For Wexford II we are doing the kitchen out of maple. I will admit, after years of painted kitchens I am looking forward to doing an all wood kitchen. Since it is a spec home and I am wanting to design 'out of the box' for CowTown I am going with a gray stain on the perimiter of the kitchen and a more medium tone on the island. The image below is a great example of the colors, not the look, that I am going for, just in reverse....

Image via Summerour Architects

While the island is a bit bluer than I am wanting I have been searching high and low for other great kitchens with gray stains. I love how the grain shows through the color, giving character and life to the cabinetry. Here are a few I have managed to find over the past few days...

 Image via Houzz

 Image via Kitchen & Bath

 Image via GardenWeb

 Image via Houzz

 Image via Houzz

 Image via Houzz

 Images via Houzz

Image via Houzz
 
I really think having the island stained in a complimentary color will make this kitchen. What are your thoughts, do you like the stain more, less, or equal to all of the gray kitchens we are seeing as of late? Mel xo

© 2013 Veranda Interiors