Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Canadian Icon: Hudson Bay Blanket

This is an item that I have long adorned. From growing up with a Canadian father in the Midwest I was always told about the Bay Blanket, something that was a household treasure long ago when my father grew up in a small town in the Canadian Rockies. 

via AnneSage

When I started working on M's room, my almost 3 year old client, I had an idea of where I was headed, but honestly the room has just unfolded over time to become what I think is going to be a rather awesome space. With the wall mural I am working on (more on that later), the woods on the other side of the window, and the twig covered drum shade I knew that the classic Canadian icon known as the Hudson Bay blanket would be perfect.

via ebay | via Just the Splendid | via Pinterest

I am off today to pick one up for his room, I am so excited for him to have a piece of Canada in his room, an item he can hold onto forever. Will he take it to college with him? Will he use it to warm the feet of his future little ones? There are so many possibilities with this little man and I look forward to sharing in those experiences with him. Love you M, mommy xo

 via Denver Post
To help the town & victims of Joplin, Missouri please visit the Convoy of Hope website located HERE.
© 2013 Veranda Interiors