Thursday, May 5, 2011

Project Updates

What a busy week, that is all I can say. I need a few more days in the week, a couple more hours each day, and while I am at it I will take a nanny, chef, maid, and a stand in at the gym until the house is done...is that too much to ask for? HA! Anyhoot, here are some images with the progress to date...

Marble ~ I went last week to select the slabs to be used for the kitchen, bar, and vanities. While Pino likes to say 'No Melissa' in his Italian accent I know I can count on Victoria to get what I want done. 


 Exterior ~ Since the weather is finally nice we have been able to get some of the exterior detailing work underway. Along with the cedar soffits going up we also have some of the tongue & grove detailing done in the gables and the framework ready do the stone & brick combination.


Wainscoting ~ We ended up adding shaker style wainscoting pretty much throughout the main level of the home and that has kept the boys quiet busy. There is still a lot to be done, but so far they have completed the 6' tall wainscoting in the powder room, the floor to ceiling in the nook, the hallways, foyer, most of the great room, and going up the stairs to the second level.


Painting ~ Yes, we even have the painters in the home right now, hence all of my paint post lately. They have the upper level all sprayed and one coat rolled on most of the walls...bring on the carpet & tile! And in the lower level they stained all of the wood work today...loving the color, it was just what I was after for the Hubs space.


 Finishing ~ Among everyone else working in the home right now we also have the railing being installed and the tile as well...lets just say it is a bit cramped in the home. And how amazing is the floor in the boys Jack & Jill bath?!?! I SO love it!!!


I will let you all know that in home home do we ever have trades on top of each other like this, but when it comes to Showhomes or a situation when we are in a rental with no product to showcase we need to push...and push hard. It is not ideal for anyone but you gotta do what you gotta do! Hope you enjoy your day, I am off to check out the granite & marble install at Wexford II. Mel xo




© 2013 Veranda Interiors