Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Dark & intimate

When I first picked the dark colors for our home I was a bit worried, would it be too much? With the final coats going on the walls I can say that it was the best choice. I'll share some images with you once the house gets a bit further along, right now I will admit our home looks like bomb went off. If you are thinking of going to the dark side I suggest it, check out these amazing images below...

 via Chicago House & Home | via Little Book of Secrets
 via Little Blue Deer
 via House & Home | via The Desk of Lola
 via Dearest Victoria
 via Desire to Inspire | via Apartment Therapy
 via Lonny

While all of the above images are a bit darker than I have gone they still give a great example of making it work. Play around with textures, materials, and accenting colors...maybe even something a bit unexpected like below? 

via The Decorista

I am off to sing Rain Rain Go AWAY with the boys, one day stuck in the house and they are ready to climb the walls. Enjoy your Tuesday!! Mel xo
To help the town & victims of Joplin, Missouri please visit the Convoy of Hope website located HERE.




© 2013 Veranda Interiors