Thursday, May 19, 2011

Project Update: Our House

OK, so this time I mean it, this is going to be my last update on our own home for a bit. The clock is ticking and the movers are coming in 19 days!! Will the house be 100%? No, but it will be better to live in a slight construction zone than the POS rental with mold/bugs/no space for another month.

Lets start with my master bathroom. The hardwood floors have been stained and the first finish coat has been applied. Seriously though, the additional labor cost for this floor was SO worth it!


 Have I mentioned how excited I am to take a shower in a space larger than 3x3?! Mr. Shower I already love you and the Saltillo mosaics, I adore you as well.


"Holy S*#t Mel!!" That was the Hubs response to my wall color for the laundry room...but that is what I love! In a home that is covered in neutrals and whites the unexpected colors in certain spaces make for a fun response. This bold color works so perfectly off of the green marble (covered up) floors and glass accents I added to the backsplash.


The rooms right off of the foyer have now had the mill-work completed, stained, and the walls & ceilings painted. Both of them dark & intimate, one a study for the Hubs and the other the dining room for us to entertain. And yes, the ceiling is the same dark color as the walls, love the effect that it gives, very warm and once the lights (oh my, the FABulous lights!) get installed we are going to be rocking it!


Along with everything else going on yesterday we had the front veranda poured, the decorative cold air returns were painted, and the bar in the lower level started to get pieced together.


 So when I refer to 'The Boys' in my post I am usually referring to the boys below, our awesome finishers that make my vision a reality. Talented guys that drink tons of coffee and eat any treats I bring. Here they are fabricating the alder shaker style beams we are doing in the great room.


On another note we are getting Wexford II all ready for its listing. I am heading up there today to snap some pics for the MLS since the backsplash is completed and most of the lights should be installed, I will share those with you shortly! Until then smile and enjoy your day!! Mel xo


© 2013 Veranda Interiors