Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Go dark!!!!!!

Go dark!!!!!!
That is all the e-mail said that Brooke from Blueprint Bliss sent me, followed by these images...

via Unknown | Arch CS | ABCDDesign 

Brooke has become my sounding board when I get stuck or frustrated with the new home. I just hope I am as much of an asset to her as she is to me. Anyways, she said I was bold enough to do this...but am I?? I want to go dark for the dining room, Hubs office, and powder room. I do know that I want the trim in the room to remain white, gotta think resale here people. So here are some images below with bold colors and white trim.

via Pinterest
 via Southern Accents | via Pinterest
via Jordan Guide | image my own

When I mentioned it to the Hubs he said 'Please, do some color, I don't want to live in a hospital.' Umm, dear husband, please note my hot pink closet, green laundry room, rainbow stripes for W, & mural wall for M among others...there shall be no lack of color love.


So I'll go into the the dark, but how dark is that? Still not sure, but with the challenge from the Hubs and the confidence from Brooke I know I can't go wrong. And really, what is better than an intimate space to share wonderful food, wine, and conversations with some of your favorite people? Mel xo
© 2013 Veranda Interiors