Friday, March 19, 2010

Fridays Favorite

Today I am going to post my top secret all time best chocolate chip cookie recipe for Fridays Favorite, shhhh. I love making them with Weston, his eyes get so big and every time we add something he asks if he can eat it yet and lick the beater. I have such great memories of making cookies with my mom, the wait to get those 2 silver beaters coated in raw cookie dough always made me smile. Share a smile with someone you love today and enjoy these yummy cookies that have become a staple in my home.

Chocolate Chip Cookies
Makes about 2.5 dozen
3/4 C. unsalted butter, room temperature
1 C. golden brown sugar, packed
1/4 C. sugar
1 egg, room temperature
2 tsp. vanilla extract
2 C. all purpose flour
2 tsp. cornstarch
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
12 oz. semi sweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350F. Cream together butter and sugars until smooth. Add the egg and vanilla extract and blend together. Sift together flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt. Mix dry and wet ingredients together. Once blended stir in chocolate chips.
Place on parchment paper lined baking sheets and bake for 9 min. or until the edges get golden brown. Do not over bake and let cool if you can!

To get all of the cookies in perfect form I use a medium sizes ice cream scooper. It works great and I am less tempted to eat the cookie dough off my hands!
DSC_0411-1.jpg picture by mamanzardo

Weston was so happy when we were finally done mixing it all up. The beater kept him highly entertained and by the time he was done there was cookie dough all over his precious face and even in his hair.
DSC_0405.jpg picture by mamanzardo

I would have shared a final image with you, but they seem to have all been gobbled up by little boys and one big boy as well...I might have had my fair share too. 

Enjoy your weekend! Mel xoxo
© 2013 Veranda Interiors