Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Laundry room ideas...


So my post for the laundry room has me obsessed with our next laundry room. It should be inspiring and it should be fun! Rob thinks I am completely out to lunch but I tend to disagree. Our home is not only a showpiece for future clients but it is where we live and love. Every area deserves a special touch. Here are some items that I am thinking about for the next inspired laundry room...

Wallpaper from Ballard. I love the green and it adds a great pop that is not overwhelming.
 WL053GRN_1.jpg picture by mamanzardo


This fixture....
 15455421-528_3.jpg picture by mamanzardo


Or maybe this one...
 p3645.jpg picture by mamanzardo

All of the cabinetry will be white, either a shaker or bead board style door and possibly a small cornice. I would love to add a bead board paneling as well in that area but I think I might be pushing my luck with that idea.

I know I am going to struggle most with the flooring, so I will leave that until I find something that grabs me when I start narrowing down my interior selections.

One of the things I am really excited about for the space is the large window I have planed for the room. Right now the only natural light source in our laundry room is a small skylight and it does nothing. Bright natural light and all of the beautiful items I am finding may make me addicted to doing laundry. 


xoxo Mel
© 2013 Veranda Interiors