Monday, March 1, 2010

Bunk crazy!!!

I might have shot myself in the foot with this one. I have always said that I do not want the boys to share a room. That is the main reason behind out next home, but I am really wanting to do a bunk-room now. I can just see the fun and creativity that will come out of those little minds having a space like this! When I tossed the idea past Rob he didn't even look at me, he just said 'No, you said you didn't want the boys to share a room, they don't need bunk-beds.' Does he not understand?!? These are not just bunk beds. They are built-in forts, spaces for little buddies to come and hang, a true value that will help sell the home when we go to flip it. Maybe I will ask him again after a really really good bottle of wine. ;)

Here are a few examples that I love...

 The symmetry of this image is what draws me to it.
builtin-bunk-beds-from-traditional-.jpg picture by mamanzardo

Love the built-in desk on these. The whimsical light at the end adds the right amount of 'fun' for the boring homework that I remember oh so well.
BHG.jpg picture by mamanzardo

Here is a great use of space with the drawers under the bottom bunk. The breadboard inserts add the right amount of cottage feel for the nautical style they were working with.

picture-86.jpg picture by mamanzardo

Here is another example of a 4 bunk. Great use of space with the drawers and I love the curtains for each section. Great way to give privacy but more important, it is your own fort, the boys would love it!
bunkbeds2.jpg picture by mamanzardo

This is one of my favorite images; I think the whitewashed walls, wood beams, and striped rug have a lot to do with that.
8319_165254281074_46493706074_41020.jpg picture by mamanzardo

Hope everyone had a great weekend!! Mel
© 2013 Veranda Interiors