Thursday, March 4, 2010

Don't over look it...

Am I wrong to love beautiful laundry rooms? I do spend a good amount on time in mine, with only 2 boys and a husband I still manage to do at least one load of laundry a day. Granted, that is not a massive amount of time, but I still like to be in a nice space while I am doing something I do not enjoy.

While trying to find images for this post I was surprised by the lack of beautiful spaces, but I did manage to find a few, so here they are...

The colors are great in this laundry room. I will admit that it is not the most practical and also overly staged, yet there is still something nice about it.
 stickers1.jpg picture by mamanzardo

 It is the hardwood and solid surface that is selling me on this space. I mentioned hardwood in the laundry to Rob...that got shut instantly. Mr. Practical,  boo on you.

dh09-laundry-room2_s3x4_lg.jpg picture by mamanzardo

This laundry area screams pure & clean with all of the white. I just wish that there was natural light in the space.
Picture-43.jpg picture by mamanzardo

This area is so lovely! Stunning light fixture, the simple yet colorful wallpaper, and the chicken wire door fronts. It is fun and beautiful in one space.
PHO-09Apr15-158238.jpg picture by mamanzardo

Here is one by Canadian interior designer Sarah Richardson. I remember this from an episode and she really did an amazing job transforming the space.
 DesignIncLaundry.jpg picture by mamanzardo

Finally, here is one from a clients home. Excuse the fish eye effect for the photo. We had fun with the small mosaic tile floor with stainless steel insets, white subway back splash, and breadboard panel doors.
DSC_0088-1.jpg picture by mamanzardo

I hope one of these images you find inspiring. Happy Thursday everyone!
© 2013 Veranda Interiors