Thursday, March 11, 2010

Insperation for our next kitchen.

Our next home is going to be on an acreage that is fully treed, so I want to keep that in mind when doing my interior selections and design work. I love how the following images have used stone to bring warmth and nature into the kitchen; which is the heart of the home. The great thing about the homes we build is it is all truly custom. All of the cabinets are built-on-site, nothing prefab, so what is designed on paper is what the client receives at the end of the day.

Our kitchen now is a decent size, 15.5 x 12, but to create the look I am wanting with the stone we are enlarging the area to 17.5 x 13.5, not as big as I would love to have but it is a compromise with Rob.

Here is an image of our kitchen in our current home (BTW, Rob built all of this by himself, he is such an amazing craftsman!!)...
 Kitchen119-3.jpg picture by mamanzardo


And here are the inspiration photos I have found for the feature area in the kitchen...
surface_mix2.jpg picture by mamanzardo
The image above I think I like the most, the use of the timber beam, the symmetry on both sides of the stainless steel hood. Not to mention the great panel work on the island!!

Stoneandsubwaykitchen_mediumjpeg.jpg picture by mamanzardo
 The above image is just another example of stone work in a kitchen. I personally do not care for the stone on the hood itself, but if it was finished off in the cabinet material I think it would have been an 8 out of 10 for me.


cedar-creek-l.jpg picture by mamanzardo
Here is the first image I used for my blog! The copper hood is just fantastic, I might have to source it out and get a quote, that I am sure will be axed once Rob sees it. Again, the timber detail is great and how the added the small recess above the cooktop for oils is perfect!


The one thing I am having a hard time deciding on is the hood fan, metal or wood to match the cabinets?? The great thing about the homes we build is it is all truly custom. All of the cabinets are built-on-site, nothing prefab, so what is designed on paper is what the client ends up with at the end of the day.

Hope your Thursday is a great one, off to do some yoga. xoxo Mel
© 2013 Veranda Interiors