Thursday, March 18, 2010

Burst of color...

So I have been known to be a Tanoholic in the past, not in the tanning bed sense, but with my color plate. I wanted to prove that I can work with color...and for these clients it was A LOT of color. The images below are from an inner city home we built a while back in a great area called Scarboro. I find our inner city clients tend to think outside of the box more so than the suburban clients. It is always a challenge to design a great unique home with the restrictions that come along with an inner city infill home. It is a challenge I love taking on and hopefully we will get the opportunity again and again.

Here is the view when you are coming down the stairwell from the second level.

The kitchen was built-on site and finished with a cream color lacquer for the the perimeter, topped with a honed brown antique granite, and a great orange glass mosaic tile back splash. The island is a burst of color that most do not expect. In place of granite we used a maple butcher block, the client is a huge baker so we wanted to keep that in mind when selecting materials.

 A close up of the island. Simple design with shaker style panel doors, venetian bronze knobs and half moon pulls, and a simple plinth detail at the base. The island is painted with Pratt & Lambert Bittersweet, such a fun color!!

We incorporated the burst of color from the island into the backsplash with pumpkin color glass mosaic tile.


All image my own

The one thing I need to do is get back to the home and shoot it with proper lighting and with the great furniture that they have added. I love image of a lived in warm home and trust me, this home has it!

Enjoy your Thursday, hard to believe the week is almost over! Mel xoxo
© 2013 Veranda Interiors